Sunday 13 December 2009

Broken reflections

I'm in the situation now where I've wrapped up the cruise reports, and there's no boating in the near future. (There are one or two more posts to come from the October cruise, but I need to do a bit more research first.) So if I'm to keep up my unstated aim of a post a day (oh no, that's blown it!) I'm going to have to be a little inventive.

I have posted ripple photos before, and here are a couple more. I like the way that, even in an otherwise not very interesting photo, there's often something worth seeing if you zoom in enough.


These ripples are frozen in an instant of time. In the next instant the pattern would be different, but still reflecting the same scene. Averaged out you'd see an undistorted reflection. Probably.


The above picture has a reflection of a chimney. If I were really dedicated I'd go back to Chester and photograph the same scene when the water was still so I could prove it, but I don't need to do that. In the original photo, below, you can just make out the reflection of the chimney a quarter of the way in from the left.


And here's the original of the top photo: Easter chicks, again at Chester.

No comments: