Saturday 24 July 2010

Montgomery Canal walk: Glan Hafren Bridge 148 to Newtown (successful attempt)


After being in bed for 17 hours I got up at 0700 and felt much better. To test my head we went for a walk up the road "just to the top" ... which turned into a three mile trek. Yes, I really was better. So we drove to Abermule where we chose the wrong pub in which to have lunch, then we walked up to the "Second Ironbridge constructed in the county of Montgomery 1852". From there Jan set off along the towpath towards Newtown, and I cycled back to where I'd had to give up the day before. Then I played catch-up along the towpath. But I kept stopping to take photos, so it wasn't until almost Newtown itself that we were reunited.


approaching Newtown. Route of canal now a path

A short post today as time has crept up, and Ally and Ben have arrived to stay the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you have recovered, enjoy the rest of the walk.