Monday 20 August 2018

A life-changing week 40 years ago

This is what started my love of canals: a holiday with my parents in 1978 1975 on a Wyvern hire boat.  We went north on the Grand Union from Linslade to Stoke Bruerne and through Blisworth Tunnel.  I remember we went to Weedon and moored by the church.  In those days you could see the church and the railway viaduct beyond; now the trees have grown to obscure everything.

Visiting my parents today I asked if they had any photos of that holiday; they came up with half a dozen. I don't know where this one was taken.

This is me steering through Blisworth Tunnel at a third less than a third my present age. It must have been wet then too.

The colours of the prints have gone a bit funny; I'll photograph them again in daylight tomorrow, when we'll try to identify the people in the top photo.

edited to correct date

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1975 we now think HS

Vallypee said...

Fantastic to have these old photos!