Monday 31 October 2011

All is revealed, and no, it's not a lace doily

Well done Ross, aka Bert the Gnome, for correctly identifying the mystery photo.


Ross got it after seeing the photo below.


I was going to go on to these ...




... by which time, of course, it's obvious that it's a dandelion gone to seed.

Looking at the whole photo I wasn't sure that I'd got it in focus, but when I zoomed in I was pleased with the resolution of my 12 megapixel compact camera bringing out the fine detail.

Photo taken on a walk last Saturday.

Ross, by the way, started his blog a couple of weeks ago. He's looking for a boat ... well, read what he says here:

I'm Bert the Gnome aka Ross and i answer to both!
I've called it Magic Potion as thats in the running for the boat name and it's one of my favourite songs too ....

A quick intro - There's 3 of us .... me,the missus and my daughter and we have decided to sell up the house and buy a boat to live on .......... however it wont be a new build boat as the house wont sell for that much.
So we are going the used route,this wont take place until next year as we have to tart the place up and that'll start after crimbo ... it'll be a slow process and we are looking to be on 'the cut' in roughly a years time

Until then i'll be walking the towpaths in south northamptonshire,looking at boats,moorings and chatting to whoever will talk to me,after all,knowledge is everything!
SO if you see me(fat dude,long white goatee and a walking stick) wave ,shout,say hello and its black tea 2 sugars thanks!


I tried to leave a comment on Ross's blog, but Blogger is playing up again ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, I wonder, is a crimbo?

H.S.

Halfie said...

H.S., "Crimbo" is slang for "Christmas".

Graham & Jill said...

One moor oddball on the cut, welcome to the eccentric world of the boaters.

Ross said...

Go me!! Is there a prize?

Oddball? Me? I'll take that as a compliment!

Halfie said...

Ross, the prize is the satisfaction of getting the right answer!