Saturday 6 February 2010

Each item was a pound*


I said yesterday that Poundland is my favourite shop. I'll now run through the items in the photo. Clockwise from the top: watering can with canal-type decoration; gaffa tape; LED headlight (attaches to baseball-type cap); LED headlight (held on head with elastic strap); pack of car bulbs; sunglasses; slimline reading glasses in case; 40m polypropylene rope; LED "camping light" (not stocked now, but where else could you have got 24 bright white LEDs for a quid?); single AA battery LED torch. In the centre is another LED caplight in its packaging.

My gloves are from Poundland, as are my various reading glasses, my USB card reader, rechargeable batteries, gardening gloves, scarf, kitchen timer ... I reckon I've saved a fortune (and spent a smaller one) shopping in Poundland.


*Poundland's slogan is "Everything's £1". Andrew Denny comments that this implies that you could walk into the shop and buy its entire stock for just one pound. Hmm. This title all right for you, Andrew?

No comments: