Monday 13 April 2009

You've had the words, now here are the pictures

Owing to the difficulty I had in uploading photos on the PC laptop I was using on the boat, most of my posts recently have been even duller that usual, with no photos to enliven them. I'm hoping to put that right now, and relive the cruise with a few pics from each day. I'll start with day one, Saturday 28th March (it seems such a long time ago now), when we dodged the rain and hail in Braunston.

It started off reasonably fine, and we shared the Calcutt Locks with Shadow's sister boat Sandpiper.


After a shower (of rain and hail) we walked up to Braunston village, and looked round the church. The daffodils were out, and made for an interesting foreground. And the sky was a perfect blue - so where had the shower come from?


I think I prefer the second photo, as the daffodil on the left balances the spire on the right. It's a shame it isn't as sharp as the first one.


And here's Jan entering Lock 2 of the Braunston flight.

2 comments:

Nev Wells said...

Halfie,

You undersell yourself - I have really enjoyed reading your blogs of your recent epic and enviable journey north. One of the few downsides of owning your own boat is the limited cruising areas - unless you go off as Granny buttons does.

When we had Sylph we did a good few new canals - now the others are waiting silently for our twilight years.....

Take care

Nev

Halfie said...

You are too kind, Nev! I think it makes a big difference being able to blog directly and contemporaneously from the boat, but I feel I let the side down by not posting pictures. Oh well, I'm trying to make up for that now.

I have deliberately left little bits of canal unexplored - there were a few on our recent cruise - just so I can make them a destination for future cruises. It's good to have them waiting for you!