Friday 23 August 2019

Curry rounds off the evening

Pete and I finished marking out the pitches at the IWA Festival of Water at Waltham Abbey yesterday and had a very welcome cup of tea in the workers' compound when we'd done.

I cycled back to Carthagena Lock to retrieve the car, parking it in a street in the town. I parked next to a Morris 1100 (1300?). I think the previous 1100 I saw was outside the Indian restaurant in Weedon. My first car was an 1100 (costing £25!)

Speaking of Indian restaurants … I organised a group of us to go to the Chilli Pickle in Waltham Abbey in the evening. We all had the banquet menu: this was the best value ever, with naan as well as rice, with coffee thrown in - all for £10.95.

Rocky, Dave, Jan, Marjorie, Dave, Beryl, Lucas, me, Bob

2 comments:

KevinTOO said...

The Morris 1300 was first registered in June 1969 !

Jim said...

My first car was a 1300 but it was an Austin, which made it posher (in my eyes, anyway) Perhaps that's why I shelled out £300 for it!
I'll never forget the night the headlamps suddenly failed coming down a hill on the Heads of the Valleys road in thick fog!