Wednesday 23 June 2010

Speeding boats: the final solution?


The subject of boats going too fast along our canals has come up again, with a fresh comment on Andrew Denny's post on Granny Buttons headed "Thank you for not putting out rude signs". This post was referred to in his post "Maffi Dredd: I am the canal Law", which is itself a response to Maffi's post "Two wrongs don't make a right".

Are you with me so far?

Anyway, all I wanted to do was show this photo, taken on the Worcester and Birmingham Canal just south of Hanbury Wharf two years ago. I've tweaked the closeup version to bring out the text on the sign better. It says, "I WAS A BOAT SPEEDER!"


(I would like to make it clear that I do not condone the hanging of boat speeders.)

4 comments:

Jim said...

Halfie,
Presumably "No boot speeders were harmed in the making of this post"?
Jim

MortimerBones said...

cute

Vallypee said...

The message is a bit skeletal isn't it? ;-)

A salutory one though...

Unknown said...

Halfi I dont condone the hanging of speeding boaters either, but it is cheaper than a bullet.