Wednesday 30 June 2010

Braunston 2010: Chertsey video

On Sunday, at the Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally, I got out my small domestic camera and filmed Chertsey on parade. I've edited it and put it on YouTube.

Sorry the aspect ratio is wrong. I filmed and edited it in 16x9 but YouTube seems to think it's 4x3. (Update: I've fixed the aspect ratio. Now it all looks right, although still jerky.) A worse error is that I left my tripod behind, so I'm sorry for the wobblevision. And I'm sorry I've gone back to my old apologising ways.



I don't know who the steerer is. Can someone enlighten me? Ray Robinson of Travelling in No Direction says

"Looks like Keith Ball from Industry Narrowboats to me. He had a staring role in the Narrowboat Dover TV programme."

Thanks Ray.

5 comments:

Bottle said...

Hi Halfie

It was good to meet you at Braunston.
We rather like the way that 'YouTube' has distorted the picture, it makes us look as slim as we would like to be.

Halfie said...

Good to meet you too. I fear the blame (or credit!) lies more with me than YouTube.

Vallypee said...

Great piece of film Halfie, and what a lovely hull Chertsey has. Onc again, I'd love to go there to the festival.

No Direction said...

Looks like Keith Ball from Industry Narrowboats to me. He had a staring role in the Narrowboat Dover TV programme.

Halfie said...

Thanks, TinD.