Monday 10 November 2008

Planning for November on the Oxford

Well, a week in November, on part of the South Oxford canal. I'm in the middle of a reasonably detailed plan for our cruise: suggested departure and arrival times; places to visit. I'm up to Thrupp, which is where we'll have to wind to start heading back to Stockton Top marina.

I've noticed that Bruce has just posted on NBSanity - a fine piece on a fishing competition in dreadful weather. To quote:

By a quarter past two the anglers were giving up, and by three had disappeared from the scene. I asked the last one as he slogged past if it had been worth it.

"Not really", he said, "I got covered in dog muck, broke my glasses and had to fish one-eyed all day."

It's a strange way to enjoy yourself.


I'm off to bed now; the rest of the plan will have to wait.

1 comment:

MortimerBones said...

I hear Thrupp is lovely at this time of year!

I am looking forward to seeing you.