Friday 5 April 2019

Mad O'Rourke's Pie Factory

Mark and Catherine drove from south Wales to see us this afternoon. They are staying on Jubilee tonight, ready to join the party of 52 BCF members and guests for the full Dudley Tunnel trip tomorrow. We went to Tipton's famous pie pub, Mad O'Rourke's Pie Factory, for our evening meal.

I had been hungry for quite a while (so much so that I ate a hot cross bun before we went!) so I took on the Desperate Dan's Cow Pie challenge.

This consisted of an enormous beef-and-veg pie. When ordering I asked whether it came with chips but was told not. I'm glad it didn't!

I can report that I ate it all, and was well and truly stuffed by the end.

Well, not quite both horns. But enough to get the certificate (although the staff had to discuss among themselves as to whether the horns counted). The pie was very good with vast amounts of tender beef and the occasional piece of kidney. All washed down with a pint of Sledge Hammer.

Before this mad meal out we were visited by Lindsay and Beth from Australia, also here for the tunnel trip.

Catherine, Mark, me, Jan, Beth, Lindsay

No comments: