Monday 1 March 2010

What's this? Sunshine?


On a day off, too! I dug over some of the vegetable patch ready for the usual runner beans and courgettes. Last year I grew some potatoes for the first time in a decade, and they were very successful, so I'll be doing the same this year, along with some onions.


My friend the blackbird soon came to help himself to the freshly exposed worms.


This one doesn't seem to have any distinguishing features (unlike the person doing the work, who has distinguished features(!)) so I don't know if he's the same blackbird as kept me company during last year's digging.


Shortly after coming inside it started to rain lightly.

How do liveaboard boaters grow their own? In pots, troughs or grow bags on board, or at their moorings. Some moorings I've seen have been mini-allotments, complete with garden shed. Perhaps those boaters do their cruising in winter, otherwise they'd not be able to tend/harvest their crops.

2 comments:

Nev Wells said...

Halfie,

Inspiring.... must get out and give my plot a good dig over. I cleared the green house last year so I am ready. Its better than the gym after all!!

Nev

Anonymous said...

i see the fleece.