Sunday 12 May 2019

Oil change overdue

After some four weeks at home we're now back on board Jubilee. On our way to the boat we stayed overnight in Cranfield so we could see Ally, Ben, Josiah and Micah; then drove up an empty A5 yesterday afternoon to Fazeley. Some basic mental arithmetic led me to realise that an engine oil change was a few hours overdue, so I checked I had a new filter and enough oil, and took the boat to Fazeley Mill Marina to empty the Elsan. We stopped opposite our mooring and I did the servicing, during the course of which I discovered that I have somehow accumulated at least four 5 litre cans of old oil.

I change the oil every 250 hours (Isuzu 38hp) - I hope this is often enough.

David took a break from sanding down the cabin side of Kew to wave us off.

We hadn't gone far along the Coventry Canal when we saw Chris and Di on Ultreya. We suggested stopping but they said they were just about to go, so we helped each other up the two Glascote locks. The other side of Amington they were catching us up, but I didn't see them after Alvecote.

We stopped just above Atherstone Lock 10 so I could watch the F1 Grand Prix highlights. I put the aerial up and switched on the TV to check I had a good signal - and found the formation lap under way. I had got the time of the programme wrong; fortunately I had missed nothing of the race proper.

When it was over we went for a short walk as the sun was setting.

Jubilee above Atherstone Lock 10

No comments: