Saturday 25 May 2019

Beer beats band

Today was the first day when the majority of the public were admitted to the Crick Boat Show (a small number had been allowed in on a "preview" day yesterday). The weather was perfect, with plenty of warm sunshine. In the afternoon there were a few spots of rain, but nothing to send people scurrying to cover.

Raymond, Nutfield and Sculptor
The BCF stand, sharing space with the Waterways Chaplains, was busy, with many people stopping to talk.

In the evening I returned to the site to see the main band of the night: Los Pacaminos. While queueing for the bar, which took at least 20 minutes, the band started up.

I enjoyed the ale (Delapré Dark Mild) much more than the music; when I had finished the drink I walked the mile back to the boat.

As I came out of the post office with my newspaper Adrian from Briar Rose was walking along carrying shopping bags, so we talked for a while. Later I saw and waved to Adam at the site, but he was talking to someone so I didn't stop. Another well-known (ex-) blogger I talked to was Andrew Denny of Granny Buttons.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Always convivial, and yes, music is a subjective pleasure, isn't it?