Saturday 7 January 2017

Evening mist and a picture poser

I went to Jubilee today while Jan helped Ally with Josiah. I lit the stove straight away which warmed the boat fairly quickly. One job I did was to trim some wood from the bottom of the front doors which had been sticking. I tried sandpaper, then a file, neither of which made any difference. Then I used a saw. This did the trick. The doors no longer foul the frame underneath, but they foul each other when closing. This happens only in cold weather as a result, I think, of the steelwork contracting and forcing the doors closer together.

As the light faded this afternoon a light mist formed on the water. Here is Thrupp Wharf Marina with the Navigation Inn in the background. The Grand Union Canal is to the left (not visible here).

And here is a poser for you: can you identify this?

It wasn't on the boat.

6 comments:

KevinTOO said...

And here's me thinking Sue was setting them a bit difficult this year...

OK so my guess is that it's some form of fungus (zero points no doubt!) LOL

Halfie said...

Not fungus.

Alf said...

Weird Brazil nut ?

Halfie said...

Not a Brazil nut.

KevinTOO said...

I'm just not 'seeing' this...
how about a homeless snail (sans shell) ?

Vallypee said...

I've seen the answer to the puzzle, but just wanted to say I like the misty pic! Very pretty, but I'll bet it was cold!