Tuesday 22 July 2014

Buzzards over Birmingham

Today was effectively a rest day. The engine hours meter shows just one hour of running, which got us from Hockley Heath to Warings Green. We even split this into two shorter cruises, stopping under a huge oak tree by Bridge 24 for shade. Here I washed the roof. I had intended to do the towpath side as well, but I was just too hot. After the usual salad lunch we moved on to just past the Blue Bell cider house to tie up opposite the Warings Green private moorings.

We'd been hearing a lot of calls from birds of prey overhead, and I managed to get a shot of three of them circling over the fields.

Yes, I know this isn't really Birmingham, not quite, but you can't beat an alliterative title.

If these are not buzzards then I'm wrong on both counts.

No comments: