Saturday 20 October 2012

Boating on the River Avon in the early 1980s

The other day I came across some old photos of a boat trip we made in about 1983. We'd been engaged to move a boat for a boatyard - they got their boat moved, we got a free holiday. The boat was Princess; we had to take it from Tewkesbury to Oxford.

This was taken from the Anchor Inn at Wyre Piddle.

I'll have to get Jan to remind me about some of the details of the trip, which will include how we got a nasty surprise one night!

4 comments:

Vallypee said...

Nice memory of a very bright boat! You don't often see NM's completely red, or do you?

Anonymous said...

When I find the negatives I'll try to scan them in and do a proper post on this and other early trips.

Halfie said...

I don't know why it thinks I'm anonymous! - Halfie

Jobs in America said...

Really cool post, highly informative and professionally written..Good Job