Tuesday 18 September 2012

Is this the sunk boat which is being raised?

I read on a blog recently that a boat sunk at Braunston Puddle Banks was being refloated (I can't remember who it was who wrote about it). Is it this the boat in question?


When we went past last month it was looking in a sorry state.


I looked up the registration number on Jim Shead's website but it seems to imply that the boat is called Trade Plate, but I assume it means that the boat is currently registered under one. I haven't encountered this term being used in connection with narrowboats before. Could someone please explain?


Incidentally, the curious black boat is visible in the top photo - thought by another blogger (or possibly the same one) to be an estuary buoy.

3 comments:

Adam said...

That's why the plate is red.

No Direction said...

We're going past Thursday morning, will let you know if the boat is still there. Regarding the trade plate, I think there must be restrictions on how they are used by boatyards or boat builders, I know that the trade plates used in the motor trade have severe restrictions.

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Yes she is now afloat, or was 3 days ago. The strange craft was a bit further down the cut