Sunday 16 May 2010

potato rainbow


I stopped on my cycle home from work yesterday to look at the potatoes being irrigated. As the sun was shining I thought there would be a rainbow from the spray, and there was.

In the background is the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, which was built on a "green field" site using private finance initiative (PFI) money and opened in 2001. There's a lot on the Wikipedia entry about the financial side, and I understand very little of it.

This is the next-door field a month ago shortly after the potatoes had been planted. From dry soil it went green very quickly!


It's when I'm cycling to and from work that I imagine myself cruising along a rural canal, smelling the same countryside smells and breathing the same fresh air. Of course I'd be going rather slower in a boat!

No comments: