Wednesday 23 September 2009

It'll soon be that time again...


... when smoke will be seen coming from boats' chimneys filling the air with the sweet smells of burning logs, or with the different but not unpleasant smells of coal fires.


But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's enjoy the sunshine and warmth of this Indian summer while we can. Although I realise it might not be quite so balmy where you are - Adam's had rain in Manchester, for example. And I expect many of you have already had the stove going. I just live too far from the network to smell for myself.

This seems a long time ago ...


... but it was February this year.

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

I love the last photo. Amazing to think it was just months ago. I too like the smell of wood burning and coal stoves. It's beautiful weather here at the moment, but the mornings are beginning to feel distinctly chilly.

Mind you, I have a low tolerance for cold anyhow, so feel it faster than most. Others might simply call it fresh!

Del and Al said...

ooooo that brought back some memories!! It was great fun....