Sunday 6 September 2009

Highlights of the 2009 IWA National Festival (3)

One of the reasons we like going to the IWA National Festivals is because we meet up with other members of the Boaters' Christian Fellowship.

As well as helping out on the BCF stand we enjoy going to the two services held on the festival site on the Sunday. The first of these is a communion service at 0800 for boaters, campers and people working at the festival. This year's was held just outside the food court and was a peaceful and reflective time.


the 8.00 am communion service, with the appealing food of bread and wine (click on photo to see what I mean)

The second service, at 1030, is for the public too, and people from a local church usually come to help. This year there was a good crowd of musicians from nearby churches assisting the worship in the food court.

It was good to meet up again with David and Mary Litchfield: thank you for the meal on board Kew.

4 comments:

Vallypee said...

A community within a community! I wouldn't be surprised if my brother and his wife are members of the same fellowship. Have you ever come across Chris and Di Poore? They have only recently started cruising in a big way as they have just finished (I think) fitting out their own NB. If you haven't met them yet, maybe you can look out for them. I'm afraid I don't know the name of their NB. They aren't very internet focused so I haven't any recent news about their progress.

Looks like a pleasant way to worship there!

Jan said...

Hello VallyP, this is Halfie's wife, Jan. I've just found your brother and wife listed in the BCF members' directory. Their boat is called Ultreya. We'll look out for them when cruising.

Vallypee said...

Thanks Jan! That's so kind of you! I'd love to hear if you come across them when you're cruising. That would be quite a surprise for them too, I think - to hear that you know about them via blogging ;) The world becomes ever smaller doesn't it?

Vallypee said...

PS Can I also say how nice to 'meet' you, other half of Halfie!