Tuesday 5 February 2008

Mushy peas and vindaloo


Nine week cruise - day 17 - Monday 18th July 2005

Huddersfield to Horbury Bridge

John and Jan up at 0715. Walked to Huddersfield Station for Jan to return home and for John to buy a ticket for Skipton to Kidsgrove (for future car shuffling). Back to the boat to continue cruising at 1145. Now it's just the two of us: David and myself. At 1535 we tied up just below Battyeford Lock on the Calder and Hebble Navigation for a lunch of filled jacket potatoes. Under way at 1600 making for Dewsbury. At 1845 we tied up at the end of the Dewsbury Arm. At the pub there we had a pint of ale, John helping his go down with a pie and mushy peas. I've noted that the pub was "good", but I didn't record its name. Here I put the wide angle lens on the time lapse camera which is recording the whole cruise.

Under way again at 1950 and moored for the night at Horbury Bridge, four hours behind my original, fairly tight, schedule. Hungry again, David found a Chinese takeaway, and I had a very good takeaway meat vindaloo for £4.00 - with free rice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vindaloo from a Chinese?

Halfie said...

No, Chinese from Chinese, and Vindaloo from Vindaloo - I mean Indian. Glad you're reading this, though!