Thursday 20 June 2019

Would this help you not to lose your windlass?

Someone else is prone to leaving their windlass behind.

The sign says something like "Have you forgotten your windlass?"

I think I would get used to seeing the notice ... and still leave my windlass on a balance beam somewhere.

The cottage at (Little) Bourton Lock still looks sadly neglected.

We stopped in Banbury by Bridge 162 so we could go to Aldi for supplies. While we were in the store it started to rain; it kept going until we were back at the boat. After lunch we moved a short distance nearer the town centre ... and almost regretted it. It's a building site, complete with noisy diggers, concrete crushing machine and dust.

We retreated slightly to be outside Spiceball Park ...

... and treated ourselves to an excellent curry at Jool.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I carry my windlass by slipping its angle into my belt (worn loosely on top of my clothes) at the front. This is so easy (less fiddly than getting it into a holster) and comfortable that I never put it down anywhere else, so, hopefully, am in no danger of leaving it anywhere.

nb Bonjour said...

I didn't realise they'd started work in Banbury already! Are they just working on the town side at the moment? The Spiceball moorings will be at a premium won't they.
Debby

Halfie said...

Sarah, I usually tuck mine in my belt at the back, but there it gets in the way when I push against a balance beam with my bottom. That's when I rest the windlass on the beam - and that's where the danger lies.

Debby, demolition work is proceeding on both sides at Castle Quay, but there was plenty of space next to Spiceball Park.