I managed to get some sleep last night despite the banging on the submerged ledge. Had we gone just a couple of hundred yards further yesterday we would have been able to tie up to some piling with some other boats. Oh well. We had to stop when we did as it was getting just a bit too dark.
This morning we got under way at about 0830, initially in sunshine, but the rain was never far away. This rainbow appeared shortly afterwards, and then came the rain and hail. The wind was pretty strong, but caused no real problems.
I should have got Terry and Christine to wave when we departed. Perhaps next time.
This is when I decided to rewire the battery bank in the method suggested on the SmartGauge website
(thanks for the link, Martin). This ensures that each battery of the four in the bank is used and charged equally, cleverly balancing out problems of cable and connection resistance. I thought I'd have it done by the time we were due at Clemency, but I ran into a little difficulty when I discovered that one of the leads wouldn't reach the terminal it had to connect to. I could solve this by rotating each battery through 180 degrees, effectively making the +ve and -ve terminals swap sides. Too late to connect up - I joined Les and Ursula for a glass or two of wine. I finished off the job when we got back to Jubilee - all seems to be working again.
*Later I discovered that I'd missed off one lead when connecting up the batteries; the temperature sensor lead from the alternator controller. When I reconnected it and ran the engine the voltage went up to 14.1V, which is more like it.
Hawne Basin Friday 22 September 2017 - It was fine when we set off this morning about 1015 hrs. I had to back up to the junction before I could turn to follow the New Main Line. As I started t...
3 hours ago