Sunday 13 February 2011

Timelapse: Running aground, and losing the prop (the first time). Oxford and Hagley Pool to Bablock Hythe

I must have had more timelapse camera power supply problems, as the next two timelapse files were very short. I'm publishing everything I have, though, so here are the next two: the first covering a hundred yards or so from our moorings at Folly Bridge to, er, Folly Bridge; and the second recording that part of our journey from Hagley Pool, just upstream of the Duke's Cut, to a small place I hadn't heard of before we stopped there. Unwontedly. When our propeller fell off. See it all from the bow's point of view as it happens.



  • Folly Bridge (0.01)


Now. This is the one. Not only does this capture the very moment of my throwing the rope to the passer by after we lost drive, it also records when I ran aground just upstream of Pinkhill Lock. I momentarily forgot which side of the green marker buoy I should have been, and stemmed up on a sandbank. Fortunately, as we were going against the current, our speed was no more than about 2 mph, and I was able easily to reverse off. There was really no excuse, as you can see a cruiser passes the correct side of the buoy as I approach! Perhaps he put me off ...



  • Eynsham Lock (0.20)
  • Swinford Bridge (0.24)
  • Pinkhill Lock (0.37)
  • running aground in shallows (0.42)
  • the moment the propeller came off (0.58)
  • throwing bow rope to passer by (1.01)
  • said passer by pulling us in (1.03)

No comments: