Thursday 29 May 2008

Twenty answers

... to the twenty questions in the June 2008 issue of Canal Boat magazine

(and I actually composed these immediately after reading Andrew's replies in Canal Boat, but, unlike Sarah, I didn't post them straight away.)


  1. the Peak Forest Canal

  2. (tough question) the Aire and Calder perhaps?  No, I like all canals

  3. My brother

  4. The Canal Age by Charles Hadfield (1968)

  5. Dawn

  6. GMT

  7. An impossible question. I'll say "Now", but can we wind the clock forward ten years, please?

  8. I haven't done so yet

  9. Something in the BBC

  10. ... Probably not be as fit!

  11. ... a mixed bunch. People who appreciate our industrial past and who enjoy a slower pace of life.

  12. Hot food, preferably cooked by someone else, and ale or red wine

  13. ... More working narrowboats

  14. "Hello, watch where you're treading!"

  15. Both

  16. Cassette

  17. Canals

  18. On a canal somewhere, introducing my grandchildren to narrowboating

  19. Staying alive!

  20. To be able to do urgent jobs by just looking at them


Now the question is whether Granny Buttons will spot this and include in his list of twenty answerers.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Yes, it took me nearly three hours to notice it though!

Andrew

MortimerBones said...

I LOVE the answer to number 20!!! PERFECT!!!!