Wednesday 11 January 2012

Back on line!

Hooray! When I turned in to my driveway after spending an hour on a computer in the library this afternoon ... there was a team from Openreach repairing my phone line. As I'd suspected, one or both conductors in the overhead line had snapped where the line was being stretched by a tree branch.


It didn't take them long to remove some branches and string up a new line from the pole to the house. It's still rubbing against the trees, though, but loosely now. So I expect the problem will be back in a few years.


I asked them about routing the line underground, but they said that that would have to be at my expense.

What's that, you say? I wouldn't have this problem on a boat? No, you're absolutely right.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Great to hear you're back online!