Friday 9 March 2012

Cambridge

By the time this is published I shall be in Cambridge for a day's work there. I'll be going by train, so I'll look out as usual for the crossings of various waterways, some more navigable than others: the Little Ouse; the Cut-Off Channel; the River Lark; the Great Ouse (four times); and the Cam.


The last time I was sent to Cambridge to work was in July last year. When I'd finished I cycled back to the station following the Cam for part of the way.


And here's a fenland photo I took from the moving train. Any photos this time will have to be on the outward trip as I shall be returning after dark.


By the way, I'm being very considerate of TV licence fee payers. My travel expenses to get to BBC Cambridge (above) will consist solely of my off-peak return ticket: £15.40. Compare that with the cost of hiring a car, or even the cost of fuel for a pool car, were one to be available. And using the bike means no taxi fares either.

4 comments:

nb AmyJo said...

Hi Halfie,
Been viewing with interest your time lapse videos and would like to do something similar for my dinghy sailing.

If its not giving any trade secrets await I wondered if you could advise what one would need please?

Is there some way we coul email each other?

Halfie said...

Steve, I use a "Nikkai Easyrecord ER-130V" which I bought from Maplin three years ago. Unfortunately they don't appear to stock it any more. I wrote about it here:

http://jhalfie.blogspot.com/2009/03/timelapse-camera.html

and here:

http://jhalfie.blogspot.com/2009/09/all-it-takes-is-time-and-stanley-knife.html

I would be happy to e-mail you if you give me your address.

nb AmyJo said...

Thanks Halfie
here is my email, grateful if you could delete this comment so I dont get spam mail (thats not to say I think your blog would be the cause)
Its steve at spreyer dot co dot uk ( this format stops spam bots picking up my address.)

nb AmyJo said...

Thanks Halfie
here is my email, grateful if you could delete this comment so I dont get spam mail (thats not to say I think your blog would be the cause)
Its steve at spreyer dot co dot uk ( this format stops spam bots picking up my address.)