Tuesday 7 August 2012

Window nearly put out at CRT launch

I've been so absorbed in the Olympic Games that I've barely looked at the latest issue of Canal Boat magazine. Inside is an article on the handover from British Waterways to the Canal and River Trust, with a selection of photographs from some of the locations which held "launch" events. I wish now that I'd submitted my own photos of the Birmingham ribbon cutting ceremony, as that was one which did not feature in the magazine.

While we waited for the boat carrying the man with the scissors to get to the ribbon, a camera crew from BBC Midlands Today was being steered around. At one point they seemed to come very close to losing a window to the prow of a stationary boat.


Here's one of my images from the ribbon cutting in Birmingham (there are more here). Would Canal Boat have been interested? Too late now!

No comments: