Tuesday 14 August 2012

The shed in the sky

Alongside the Grand Union in the Long Itchington area (sorry not to be more precise) at Radford Semele is a curious shed in the sky.


From a collection of mostly ordinary-looking farm buildings the shed sticks out. Literally. It appears to be standing on top of a giant hopper.


What is it? It's actually St. Nicholas's Church wrapped in dust sheets undergoing restoration. It's unmissable on Google Maps here.


View Larger Map

Thanks to Adam for the info.

And I've only just realised that the strange multi-element chimney is not a chimney at all.

edited to update

2 comments:

Adam said...

I think it's Radford Semele church, which I have a vague recollection of having suffered a fire, and is undergoing restoration.

Halfie said...

Adam, thanks. I'm sure you're right. I'll update the post...