Friday 17 August 2018

Return to St Neots

I managed to get a better photo of the entrance to the abandoned River Ivel Navigation as we made our way downstream from Great Barford to St Neots.

The bridge has a No Entry sign, but I guess kayaks etc. would ignore that and be able to explore at will. Larger craft would be stopped anyway by the shallowness (in current conditions).

Surprisingly - well, it surprised me - that was the only photo I took today. So here's one I took yesterday as we passed Barford Old Mill Lock. I believe this is the abandoned lock chamber.

We tied up on the 24 hour mooring under a footbridge just south of St Neots Bridge. The footbridge is very noisy when people cycle or scoot over it. The bridge deck is a steel arch - it sounds like thunder. I cycled against a stiff breeze back to Great Barford for the car; when I got back we moved the boat to a space which had appeared opposite. We are now slightly further from the bridge so should not be disturbed too much.

No comments: