Sunday 19 August 2018

Fairy tale cottage

On one of my many bike rides between car and boat I passed this cottage at Roxton Park. You half expect Hansel and Gretel to be around the corner.

I have been really enjoying the cycling, especially as I can't remember having had to do any in rain this year. Apart from one short leg which I did by train (from Downham Market to Peterborough - and that involved a few miles on the bike at each end) I have cycled from St Neots to Bedford to Downham Market and Stanground to Northampton to Grafton Regis to Braunston to Bedworth. The cycling is in the reverse direction to the boating as I have to go back to retrieve the car each time. We actually started by boat from Fazeley but I got a lift back there from Bedworth after a meal with Terry and Christine (nb Grace).

At some stage I should calculate the mileage I've cycled. It won't come near the mileage I used to do between home and work (7 miles each way) in a year. It has certainly been a lot more fun than commuting.

No comments: