Thursday 23 August 2018

Ditching, curry

One job I did for the IWA today was to rope off - at my suggestion - a ditch on the site. Jan had spotted the hazard while walking along the line of moored boats last night.

I did more helping with putting up marquees, and assisted with erecting the stage in the entertainments marquee, not finishing until gone 1830. Jan helped to set up the woW (Wild over Water) children's activities tent. We walked into St Neots town and got a takeaway Indian meal from the Nawab Lounge. We ate it on board: very good. We might return for a sit-down "banquet" on Sunday.

From the bridge I snapped the boats which have arrived so far. Jubilee is hidden by the trees to the left.

Looking at the top photo again, the ditch could have made a good showcase mooring had it been slightly wider and deeper. Oh - and longer.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

I hope the weather keeps dry! After such a hot, dry spell, it would be sad if the festival was wet now!