Tuesday 14 August 2018

Canoe polo, or Spot the Ball

Our view from the side hatch in Bedford this evening.

Now we know what the lines strung over the water (and our boat) are for: suspending the goals. We had a knock on the boat as we were eating tea. A man asked if we were aware that canoe polo is played on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings as well as Saturday afternoon (if I remember correctly). We said no; he suggested very nicely that we might like to move the boat along a bit to avoid getting splashed. We complied, as did nb Lordy Lordy who had joined us during the day, and watched a bit of the action.

The ball is easy to spot in my picture, but if someone cleverer than I had painted it out the photo might have made a good Spot the Ball competition. Have those disappeared now? Is it a case of Spot the Spot the Ball? I'm trying to remember where I used to see them. Were they in comics (it does seem a very long time ago)?

The boat stayed put in Bedford today while I had to go to Birmingham in the morning. Jan explored the town; when I got back we both walked round. We went for another walk in the evening, along the branch which extends east above the lock.

No comments: