Friday 24 June 2016

Flagging

We finished off the Cheshire Locks today without getting too wet. Soon after setting off we came across a motor and butty preparing to come up. The butty is Tewkesbury; I didn't get the name of the motor.

At the golf course at Malkin's Bank they were flying the flag. The EU flag.

I guess the golf club isn't too impressed with the result of the EU referendum. I was shocked - along with many others, I'm sure - when I heard the news; how can the UK stay together now?

Further on was this sad sight.

We tied up in Middlewich above Wardle Lock after topping up with diesel at King's Lock. For tea we got a takeaway from the Indian/Bangladeshi just along from Tesco Express. I think it's called something like the Middlewich Balti Takeaway. They give you a nice coffee - with cream - while you're waiting. When I got our order back to the boat we found a few extras: poppadoms, chutneys and a garlic naan. The portions were vast - we have more left over than we ate! That's tomorrow's lunch sorted.

No comments: