Wednesday 20 March 2013

When the Archbishop of Canterbury came to Norwich

A week ago the new Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, came to Norwich at the start of his prayer pilgrimage. Before walking to the cathedral he drew the crowds on the steps of The Forum where I work.


I was asked to film from our vantage point on the second floor - this was my view through the glass wall. (I took these photos before being asked to film.)


Susie Fowler-Watt (in the red scarf, on the left) interviewed him for BBC Look East.


Despite all the "proper" cameras there my high shots were used briefly. Which was nice. It wasn't quite the last time I wielded a camera for the BBC: on Saturday I filmed a demo against what the BBC isn't allowing itself to call the "bedroom tax" - or even the "so-called bedroom tax". That was probably my last bit of filming. (Just over a week to go ...)

No comments: