Tuesday 22 June 2010

Where do bloggers meet in real life?


A number of canal bloggers are going to be at Braunston this weekend for the Historic Boats Rally. How do I know? Because we've said so, either in posts we've made, or in comments on other people's posts. Fine, but if we haven't met before, how do we recognise one another? I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to recognise me from my profile photo, so here's a closer version of my ugly mug.


Of course, I could very well be wearing a hat, especially if it's raining or sunny. Or cold.

Perhaps a feature of events such as this could be a bloggers' stand, or a flip chart or something, so bloggers who want to can "sign in", just so that people could see who is/was there.

We're intending to be at the Songs of Praise service at 0930 on the Sunday on the "marina point" (wherever that is). And then we'll hang around, see a few boats, talk to a few people ... I'm especially looking forward to seeing Chertsey after all the work Sarah and Jim have put into it, brilliantly described in Sarah's blog.

13 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

We will be there again if we can find a mooring.
As for recognising people I spotted you because you had a furry animal on a video camera

Amy said...

I normally recognise people by their boats! If they don't have them, well, we have pictures on our blog, and maybe people will recognise us?

We'll be staying overnight in a tent in Chertsey's hold, anyway. SO we'll be hanging around with Sarah and Jim for a lot of it :)

Anonymous said...

The dogs are recognised before us!

I did think that we bloggers should have worn badges at Crick - would have made it so much easier!

Enjoy Braunston - we'll be well south as we have to be back in London by next weekend.

Sue, Indigo Dream

Vallypee said...

Would love to join you and say hello, but sadly, there's little chance of that. Have a great time, Halfie and Jan!

Halfie said...

Brian and Diana, if you can find that mooring we'll see you there.

Amy and James, Now that's the sort of camping I like the sound of! You'll be easy to find then; it can't be easy to hide a big Woolwich! (Unless there are lots of other big (and small) Woolwiches there, I suppose).

VallyP, One of these days you're going to escape the Netherlands for a bit and reacquaint yourself with our canals.

Anonymous said...

Sadly we are planning to go on Saturday, what a pity, we would have loved to have met you.
Kath (nb Herbie)

Halfie said...

Sue and Richard, sorry, didn't mean to leave you out, I'll know if I see greyhounds there they're not yours!

Halfie said...

Kath and Neil, sorry we're going to miss you. I'm sure we'll meet up on the cut sometime though.

MortimerBones said...

may see you there, on the Sunday.
Bones

Halfie said...

Oh good. I hope so, Bones.

The Reluctant Motorhomer said...

Hi Halfie

Did I walk past you yesterday (Saturday). There was a tall man in a hat with a camera crouched on the side of the towpath having just taken pictures of Chertsey as she came back from turning at the junction thingy, about half way back?

I had half an idea it might have been you, but wasn't sure, and thought it probably wasn't a good idea to accost a strange man on the towpath!!!

Debbie
NB Humdinger

Halfie said...

Debbie, no, I wasn't there on Saturday. But it could have been me today (Sunday) as I was wearing a hat and crouching taking pictures of Chertsey at Braunston Turn! (I wouldn't have described myself as "tall", though.)

The Reluctant Motorhomer said...

Ah, probably just as well I didn't poke the other guy then!!