Thursday 24 June 2010

Amazon oil change

On Tuesday I picked up my car after it had had some work done (a new front wing). I'd been without the car for several weeks but not really missing it as I've been cycling to work. The new wing didn't really take that long - I was waiting for some tyres to come in stock at a supplier, but they never did. Another time.


When I got home I changed the oil and filter. It's always satisfying to find it difficult to see the new, almost invisible, oil on the dipstick. I just need to give it a good wash, and it'll be ready for the trip to Brum and Braunston.


For my records: oil and filter changed 22nd June 2010; odometer reading 27669 miles. (I don't know how many times it's been "round the clock".)

The car is a 1969 Volvo 131 2-door saloon, manual with overdrive, 1990cc petrol engine.

6 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

We are by the A 45 bridge in Braunston

Halfie said...

OK, thanks. I'll find you.

Halfie said...

Brian - is that the A45 over the Oxford or over the GU? (I'm guessing the latter).

Vallypee said...

Have fun!

Andy Tidy said...

Lovely old car Halfie.

Halfie said...

Indeed so, Andy. It doesn't get a huge amount of use now I'm cycling to work!