Thursday 3 September 2015

Kingfisher on a boat, but which?

Travelling to Rugeley yesterday I spotted a kingfisher repeatedly flying in front and then landing. The last time I saw it it was perched on a boat.

I can't quite make out the name of the boat. It was just south east of Taft Bridge 69 on the Trent and Mersey. From another photo I took I can see an RN badge so, presumably, it has a Russell Newbery engine.

Just before it landed on the boat I had seen it on the box from which eggs are sold under the bridge.

If I hadn't been steering at the time I might have got a steadier shot!

We left the boat on a 48 hour mooring at Rugeley and went by train to visit Ally and Ben, staying overnight. I helped Ben with boarding the loft today. Now we're back on board.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think it's Trundlemere; I can picture the owner but I don't know his name. Think it's from the Middle Levels. I remember it from the RN gathering we attended with Warrior - hard to forget that colour scheme.

Halfie said...

Thanks Sarah. It is indeed Trundlemere. I had another look at the photo which shows the RN badge - and I spotted the name on the bow flashes as clear as anything!