Thursday 23 April 2015

Onto the Shroppie

From our overnight mooring we turned left under the towpath bridge and entered the Shropshire Union Canal. We were last here for the IWA Festival at Autherley a number of years ago; it's even longer ago than that that we cruised this southern section.

After the stop lock we were into very fine surroundings, with the trees (and us) basking in the sunshine.

Jan was steering while I made my coffee, leaving me free at the bow to get this shot of a heron by Bridge 8. I was preparing to take another photo when the camera told me that the memory card was full. By the time I'd deleted a few pics the moment had passed, along with the bridge and heron.

At Stretton Aqueduct I nipped down to snap Jan steering Jubilee over Watling Street.

The tree-lined cuttings looked magnificent.

We stopped at Brewood to have a look round; tying up for the day at Wheaton Aston. Not many hours cruised today, but the weather has been perfect.

Now the sky is turning pink - perhaps I'll take another photo ...

Must control our data usage though. Somehow we managed to get through more than 400Mb yesterday. Eek. We have only 650Mb to last us the next fortnight. If I post fewer photos you'll know why.

No comments: