Wednesday 15 April 2015

Jubilee - signwritten at last!

Yes, today has been very exciting; at long last we have had our boat signwritten. We can remove our temporary "Jubilee" signs from the windows, as the boat's name is now emblazoned on each side in letters six-and-a-half inches high (not including shading).

Boat painter Dave Moore met us at 0800 and started work immediately. First job was to put some marks on the paintwork, then stick on some plastic tape.

In the bright sunshine Dave then painted the basic letters.

The sun eventually heated up the panel so much that we had to move to the shade provided by Tolson's Mill.

The problem was that the merging of the two colours used in the shading wouldn't have been possible if the colours had dried too quickly.

The last job on this side was to paint on the licence number. Dave asked me not to ask him to paint the CRT swan logo, which he dislikes, so I didn't!

And here is the finished article. Jubilee feels complete!

We are very pleased with it. It was a real treat having Dave Moore with us for the day, and he's done a super job.

Now we can REALLY go boating!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous! Paula

Halfie said...

Thanks Paula - we think so too!

Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful - signwriting is such an art.

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Halfie said...

Indeed it is, Sue. And to think that a couple of weeks ago I was even contemplating having a go myself!

Jim said...

Looks really good. Dave did Starcross as well and I was very pleased with his work as I'm sure you are. I see you've found a suitably obscure place as an "address " and must admit I don't know where it is!

Jim said...

Looks really good. Dave did Starcross as well and I was very pleased with his work as I'm sure you are. I see you've found a suitably obscure place as an "address " and must admit I don't know where it is!

Tom and Jan said...

I'love to know how the painter makes it look so easy!

Halfie said...

Jim, yes, we had a bit of fun there! The Halford Branch used to come off the Ridgeacre Branch of the BCN. It's no longer in water; in fact, there's so little left that only Captain Ahab himself knows where to find it!

Tom, it's infuriating, isn't it? I think it's all down to confidence, born of skill and years of experience!