Friday 21 January 2011

Waterways webcams

Thanks to Martin, who left a comment a couple of days ago, I have discovered many more waterways webcams. Some have a better image quality, some update more quickly than others, some are more like marina CCTV than windows onto canal scenes ... but you can judge for yourself by going to http://canals.com/webcams.htm .


***************************

My new regime of foregoing my car park pass - giving me an effective £500 per year pay rise - is working well. As soon as I'd handed the pass in last year the weather turned very cold, but I cycled through it. There have been very few days where I can recall getting wet - possibly only one or two in two months. It was good to cycle in the sunshine this morning - may it soon warm up as well!

3 comments:

Simon said...

I may have said this when you mentioned this before, but since I've been cycling in for twenty years, I'm owed ten grand...? ;-)

The last couple of weeks have been odd - the days when I actually cycle in or out in falling rain are normally very rare.

Anonymous said...

Can't you get the bus when the weather is really bad?

H.S.

Halfie said...

H.S., yes, there is always that option, especially now that late shifts are rarer. I haven't had to resort to it yet.