Monday 17 January 2011

Appropriate narrowboat names

As promised, some boats with appropriate or clever names, so here they are. These are from our Thames trip last summer.


How about this for starters: Corrie d'Or.


I like the next one. There's more space inside a narrowboat than appears possible from the outside.


The owner is presumably a Doctor Who fan.


I saw at least two boats called "Yes Dear"; there was an "About Time", which I read as a pun; and Overdraught III, again, there's a pun there if you look for it.

4 comments:

Neil Corbett said...

We occasionally see one called SIDRAT (read it backwards)

Anonymous said...

If I was in charge i would ban all these wimsical names and all those names made up of two halves of the owners names, too.

Simon said...

About time I did another one of these, I've plenty of candidates from my 2008 trip still. Meanwhile, snap... (which followed this)

Halfie said...

Good to see that Tardis has at least moved in time.