Friday 10 April 2009

Mega Indian takeaway

With David now in charge we set off towards Barbridge Junction discussing which way to turn en route. We decided to turn left down the Shroppie main line to Nantwich. After a quick spin round Nantwich Basin, where an interesting new boat was just about to go on its maiden voyage, we carried on a little further to te up on the embankment above Nantwich. Most of us walked into the town, where David, Jan and I went for part of the three hour Good Friday service in the parish church. Back at the boat we had microwaved lasagne for lunch, then hacked on up to Hack Green so David and I could look round the former cold war bunker. We didn't really give ourselves enough time to do it justice, for it was very interesting.

Returningto Nantwich we watered up at the services; some of us had showers; and David cycled into town to bring back the most amazing takeaway curry. It came from "Balti Masalla Indian Take-away Open Kitchen" in Welsh Row, Nantwich. The food was good, and there was a lot of it. Excellent!

I've just tried to book a train ticket for tomorrow to get me back to our car at Stockton Top Marins. Everything was fine - I could stil get a cheap advance ticket - but the stupid system wouldn't let me pick up the ticket from the station. So I'm going to have to pay a full-price fare in the morning. Which isn't far away, so good night!

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

I was visting a friend neat Ludlow a couple of weeks ago, and drove down through Shropshire. I crossed the Shropshire Union Canal a couple of times, and was really struck by how beautiful it is there. Nantwich is a beautiful old town and the countryside around Market Drayton is also gorgeous. I envy you doing this trip in such beautiful surroundings.