Wednesday 15 April 2009

Foxton, woodpecker and kingfishers

Our aim on Monday 30th March 2009 was to get through Foxton Locks. Once down the flight we could make our leisurely way to Market Harborough. Every day of the first week of the cruise - and possibly after that, too - I heard the call of a woodpecker, but I never spotted it (pun intended). Shortly after setting off in the morning we passed under the A14 with its container lorries.


The lock keeper at Foxton asked if our Shadow was the one he knew from 1995. Yes, he had been an OwnerShips owner too. The lock tail bridges were being painted: there must be an easier way than this! (click on photo to enlarge)


Sheep and lambs number nine by the Market Harborough arm.


I was getting concerned that I had been taking too many photos, so this day I must have tried to cut down. This collection of farm machinery caught my eye, as did a pair of kingfishers darting about in front of the boat. The machinery didn't move so much, and was thus rather easier to photograph.

No comments: