Friday 13 March 2009

Timelapse camera


At last I've got it working. The timelapse camera which was a birthday present a few weeks ago, that is (£39.99 from Maplin). I'll now have to find out how to upload here the avi files it produces, it can't be too difficult. And the reason it took so long? The battery compartment has plastic slots which are designed to prevent the batteries being wrongly inserted. Unfortunately the supplied AAA batteries' positive terminals don't protrude enough to go through the slots to make contact: I had to slip in a couple of nuts (as in nuts and bolts) to defeat the anti-wrong-insertion device. Oh, and the instructions are in garbled Japanglish, which doesn't help.

I'm hoping to use this on board Willow, which I'm moving, with my dad's help, from Buckby down to Northolt starting tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I have had this problem with batteries in cordless phones. I found the answer to trim what looks like a plastic washer around the positive post.
Brian

Halfie said...

Yes, Brian, I could try that. I had hoped to set the thing up on its 12V adaptor, but the plug and socket are so loose a fit that contact is very dodgy. I'll say more in a couple of days when I write up our latest cruise.