Ah ha! I have now had the opportunity to fire up the laptop, connect to Jan's wifi hotspot and upload some photos. First, the old and new starter batteries (new at the top).
Battery Megastore for £77.73 including postage. This claims 720 CCA (cold cranking amps - a measure of the "oomph" it can give to the starter motor) and a capacity of 95 Ah. The old battery, I discovered, was a leisure battery. The same as was in the domestic battery bank before I replaced them a couple of years ago. I'm hoping that the new battery will last a lot longer than the old one, especially as it is "sealed, maintenance free". The battery is in a very hard-to-reach place, which meant that I never topped it up. That's probably why it died.
Right, enough of batteries (for now).
This is where we tied up on Monday, between locks 8 and 7 on the Coventry Canal at Atherstone.
The next morning, after our early-ish rise, we ascended the next two locks before Jan walked back to the high street for a hair cut, leaving me to carry on up the flight on my own. This is Lock 5, I believe.
This morning we walked up the road to Chopra's car spares shop for the fuel filters I need; at coffee time we set off towards Hawkesbury Junction.
Delay to a long day! - Sunday is not a day we like to move on, so we stayed put and Del did the cratch board, plank and cleaned the lamp on Derwent6. It was one of those mist on ...
3 hours ago