Saturday 7 August 2010

Timelapse, computers, the passage of time and Hotmail problems

Perhaps it's the passage of time, but I find that I have to relearn things I do infrequently on the computer. I have managed to upload some more timelapse footage onto YouTube, but I'd (temporarily) forgotten how to export it. All done now, and, as I have a few more timelapse sequences up my sleeve, it should be quicker next time.



With the excitement of getting on board again, after a long period of no boating, I didn't get the timelapse camera up and running until a little way into our recent trip along the Llangollen Canal.

I don't know why the first few seconds are so "blocky" - the original doesn't look like that. It runs for 1'11", and is somewhat smoother than my last lot of timelapse sequences as I reduced the interval between images to 5 seconds. (Compare with this, when it gets going.)

Future uploads will include Chirk and Pontcysyllte Aqueducts.

Speaking of computers, I'm having a terrible time at the moment with Hotmail on my Mac. Hotmail no longer seems to work properly with my browser, Safari. I can't reply to messages, nor compose new messages. When I log in to Hotmail it suggest I "upgrade" to Safari 5, but I've read on discussion forums of people having severe problems and wanting to "downgrade" back to Safari 4. Now before you say "you don't want Hotmail, you want to get gmail (or somesuch)" I'd like to point out that it would be very disruptive to change my e-mail address. Hotmail has worked fine for me up to now. "Change your browser then", you might say. But I'm used to Safari, I know its ways, and I don't want to have to start all over again with another system. And, Carl, yes, I did try Camino for a while, but Safari, for me, was better.

No comments: