Saturday 24 January 2009

Phew, glad that's over!


But not for long.

Every moment of spare time during the last two weeks has been taken up with getting DVDs done of last year's village pantomime. Every year I "volunteer" to film, edit and produce DVDs of the show, but I've been having problems with getting the rushes into my computer. Final Cut on my Apple Mac kept crashing, so, when Ally was here two weekends ago, we captured onto her computer and then transferred the media onto my external drive. This done, I could at last edit it. Extra motivation came from the fact that this year's panto was upon me: how could I film that without having completed the previous year's?

Well, it's done now. At half-past four I handed over 30 double-DVDs to the pantomime group, as their penultimate performance was under way. Double-DVDs? Yes: I was unable to get two hours and three minutes onto one DVD. I'm sure it must be possible, but it's beyond my skill level. And getting the edited film onto DVD is itself a struggle.

The pantomime is always excellent, and it's been written by the same person for 40 years. It is done in a professional manner and plays to nine full houses. It is being reported that this year's is his last panto, if so, I hope he has a protege waiting in the wings. (By the way, how do you get an acute accent to go over an "e"?)

Now let's see if I can capture this year's rushes...

No comments: