Tuesday 21 July 2020

Masking up on boats

As predicted, we were lowered back into the water this morning, having been out for less than 24 hours. When I went to pay it took a long time for the office staff to work out the bill, which had gone up a whopping 17% since two years ago.

I was going to clean the drips of bitumastic off the prop before it got wet, but I forgot, managing to snap this photo as the boat was being moved.

I don't suppose it will affect things too much before it wears off.

As I was reversing out of the lifting dock Gwendoline May came out of the marina. This boat is used for helmsman training. It looked very incongruous seeing the party on the back all wearing masks.

That's all of us in just three days, though (shops, not boats, I'm glad to say, but I'm not looking forward to it).

We were very quickly up Foxton Locks, arriving at the top at 1100 - coffee time. We carried on without stopping, tying up at Bridge 37 to rendezvous with Ally, Josiah and Micah who drove to see us.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Goodness, they don't believe in letting the blacking dry, do they? I'm afraid I'd want my boat to sit there for a couple of days for it to harden properly before it went back in the water.

Halfie said...

Yes, I think they were trying to catch up. Last time I think we were out for two nights. Still, a few locks will take off some blacking no matter how hard it is!